Our membership consists of Juried and Associate members who live in the southwestern portion of Washington State.
Associate membership is open to any adult (18 and older) by application and dues paid. Membership is required to participate in exhibitions and receive a membership discount for workshops. Associate members can attain Juried membership status by participating in the jury process which occurs twice a year. We ask all members to offer their time and talents to further the events and activities of this society.
Many SWWS members are involved and participate in local and national watercolor exhibitions. Numerous members teach art classes, organize show events, and workshops locally and abroad. News of our members and the Southwest Washington art scene is shared via our newsletter, email bulletins, and our website.
Our AHA (Artists Helping Artists) monthly workshops are open to the public…JOIN US!!
“Juried Membership” are $37.00/yr
“Associate Membership” are $27.00/yr (All new members are Associate Members until Juried)
“Student Membership” is free (must be 18 years old and enrolled as a full time student with an arts class)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or specific information.
New Membership (Associate): Initially, artists join as Associate Members. Associates may enter work in an annual exhibition competing in their own division. They may also participate in Art in the Community Program (AIC) and our Artists Helping Artists (AHA) workshops. All members receive discounted rates for workshops, and receive the Art Facts Newsletter via email. Annual dues are $27 per calendar year for Associate Members.
Please fill our our membership form, print and send a check for your membership fee to:
SWWS Watercolor Society
P.O. BOX 2876,
Juried Membership: Members have all the privileges of an associate member and also full voting rights. They may serve on the Board of Directors, participate in our Juried Member Exhibitions. Annual dues are $37 per calendar year.
Patron Membership: Any person, company, or organization that annually supports this Society with $100 or more is recognized as a patron member and listed with our sponsors and donors. Donate Now!
Benefits of Membership
- Encourages growth in artistic skills
- Energizes and Inspires the artist inside you
- Creates lasting friendships with other artists
- Allows your art to make a difference in the community
- Increases local appreciation for the art of watercolor
- Allows you to compete with the talents of other superb artists through art exhibitions
- Provides an opportunity for you to share your ideas and knowledge
- You will receive the society Newsletter
- You will enjoy meeting and visiting with art friends and create new friendships
- SWWS will increase your visibility in the community
- The society allows artist to reach more of the community and display their artwork