• SWWS juried and associate members in 2020
• Watercolor or water media paintings must have been
created within the past two (2) years and not
previously shown at an SWWS show.
• Paintings must be original work of the submitting artist.
• No copies or likenesses of other artists’ or
photographers’ works are acceptable. You may only
use photographs from friends, family and yourself.
• Paintings of nudes must be pre-approved by a Board
committee. PLEASE REQUEST APPROVAL AT TIME
OF SHOW ENTRY.
• SWWS reserves the right to refuse any painting not
meeting prospectus requirements.
ENTRY FEE for up to three pieces:
• $25 flat fee for one or two paintings, plus one
matted and wrapped small painting for the
• Paintings must be matted and framed, except canvas,
cradle board, or float frame (see below).
• Matted work to be protected by Plexiglas (acrylic).
Glass is not permitted.
• Mat and Plexiglas must be clean.
• Frames must be two (2) inches wide or less.
• Only plain and neutral frames will be allowed.
• Maximum outside frame dimensions: 36 x 42 inches
• Triptych and diptych paintings must conform to the
maximum dimensions as a whole painting.
• Limit of 25 pounds for completed artwork.
• Mats must be either white or off-white.
• Liner: One colored liner, maximum one-half inch (1/2″)
• Cradle-mounted work and float frames must be no
greater than two inches deep, with a finished edge,
and be protected by a transparent coating.
• Paintings must be ready to hang with D-ring style
hangers attached to the frame down 1/3 the distance
from the top.
• Taut, plastic-coated picture wire must be attached to
the frame. Unacceptable: Screw eye or saw tooth
hangers, clips, electrical wire or uncoated metal wire.
PICK UP PAINTINGS Sunday, Nov.1, 11:00-1:00 PM
• Send a substitute if you cannot pick up your art.
• Each artist may submit two (2) paintings plus one
matted and wrapped small painting, such as a quarter
• Entries must be on an acid-free surface (for example:
watercolor paper, Yupo, canvas or cradle board). The
only acceptable collage material is original watermedia
on paper and executed by the artist.
• Printed and/or computer generated material is not
• Those handling the show will take every precaution.
SWWS will not assume responsibility for loss or
damage to paintings.
• By entering the show, the artist gives SWWS the right
to use printed and electronic images of the paintings
for SWWS promotional and educational purposes,
including the SWWS website, brochures, and press
• Photos taken before each painting is framed would be
helpful for possible use by SWWS or publicity
purposes. DO NOT submit photos with your
registration. You will be asked for them if needed.
• Washington State sales tax of 8.4% will be added to
the selling price and paid to the State by Vancouver
• SWWS will NOT take a commission.
• You will be notified if your painting is sold.
• If your painting is not for sale, enter NFS on your show
• You should receive payment from SWWS in 60 days.
• Paintings remain on display until the close of show.
• Out-of-town buyers may take home a painting at time
of purchase, after the Awards presentation.
• Buyers will be asked to collect their purchases on the
last day of the show, October 31, or on Sunday,
November 1 during Art Pick-up from 11:00 to 1:00 PM.
Vancouver Art Space requires 10 hours per week of
temporary volunteer staff. Please sign up to help
when you register.
Jean Hauge, Show Chair