SWWS 2017 Spring Show Call to Artists
SWWS Spring Show April 3-28, 2017
Call to Artists – Associate & Juried Members
Our Spring Show, April 3-28, will be open to Associate and Juried members, and will be held at Boomerang on Main Street in Vancouver. Take-in for the show will be on Saturday, April 1, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Pickup of paintings will be on Saturday, April 29, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. A First Friday reception will be held on April 7, from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Awards will be presented at 7 p.m. that evening. It has always been a pleasure for me to organize and mount the SWWS shows—that is until the last one in fall 2016, because at the end of a two-week registration period only one person had registered. The next week was a really scary one for me. We had moved the show to a much bigger venue and it was looking like we weren’t going to have any paintings to hang. But thanks to repeated pleas from Nona Scheurer to the membership, we ended up with 80 paintings and a really nice show. Let’s make this Spring Show an even better one. PLEASE plan in advance to enter so that I don’t have another week of sleepless nights. You have three months to get your work done. Let’s make this the best SWWS show ever. The registration form is on page 9 of this newsletter.
Timeline for Show:
Registration: March 6-24. No entries or changes accepted after March 24
Art Take-In: April 1, Saturday, 10 a.m.-12 noon. Entry fees collected.
Show Dates: April 3 through April 28, 2017
Viewing Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.; Friday, 8 a.m.-9 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
First Friday Reception: April 7, 4 p.m.-10 p.m. during Art Walk
Awards Presentation: First Friday, April 7, 7 p.m.
Art Pick-up: April 29, Saturday 10 a.m.-12 noon
Show Location: Boomerang, 808 Main Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
- Read the prospectus requirements carefully. Pay special attention to framing requirements.**
- Make sure you are eligible for the show by paying your 2017 dues.
- Complete the registration form for one to four entries. List art in the order of priority for hanging.
- Check the box indicating that your entries meet the requirements and sign the document to acknowledge compliance.
- Submit form by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: SWWS Fall Show, 6325 NE Lessard Road, Camas, WA 98607
- You will receive a notice when registration is received.
- Do not submit entry fees. Fees will be collected at Art Take-In.
- Art Take-In: Bring your art to Boomerang, 808 Main St., Vancouver on April 1, Saturday, 10 a.m.-12 noon. Entry fees will be collected at that time with payment by cash or check. You will receive a signed copy of your registration and a receipt for your fees to serve as your claim form.
**All paintings must be ready to hang. There will be no wire station available.
Corinne McWilliams – 360-834-2148 or email@example.com